Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2001 7:35:17 AM EDT
I OWN AN HP22 AND LOVE THE GUN BUT HAVE A QUESTION FOR THOSE THAT OWN ONE ALSO.IT HAS HAD APPROX 25 ROUNDS THROUGH IT AND I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE SLIDE THAT FEEDS THE BULLET INTO THE CHAMBER IS STARTING TO FLAKE AND PEEL.IS THIS NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR OR SOMETHING I SHOULD BE CONCERNED WITH?THANKS
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
<lol>, you serious?

25 rounds through it and you love it?

Of course it is going to flake and peel, you have put 24 more rounds through it than the manufacturer ever expected.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I can say that mine doesn't flake. I haven't noticed any problems whatsoever with the finish on mine. I can say that their is at least 4000 through mine and I got it used. Well the new slide has about 1800 rnds through it.

I would call Phoenix and see what they can do. Like I said I got mine used and the SS slide cracked at the range one day. I called the company and they said ship it to them. I shipped the pistol and about 3 weeks later I recieved the gun with a new slide, they buffed out some scratches, new grip panels, a magazine gun lock, owners manual, and a new 10rnd mag. No cost except for the original shipping to the company. Not bad for a used pistol I paid $75 for.

I will say that I love mine. It is extremely accurate for the size gun that it is. It is reliable as well(as long as you don't use Federal HP's).
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
WHAT KIND OF PROBLEM DO YOU HAVE WITH FEDERAL HP'S VA-gunnut?THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.
Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I get lots of split cases and failure to ejects with this type ammo. I can use Winchester with no problems and it absolutely loves Remington Golden Bullets. The Golden Bullets work so well that when I found them at 550 for $9 I picked up 10 more bricks.

Link Posted: 11/2/2001 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK.I HAVE USED FEDERAL HP'S IN MY BROWNING BUCKMARK WITHOUT A PROBLEM BUT DID HAVE AN EJECTION PROBLEM THE OTHER DAY WITH USING THEM IN MY HP22.THANKS AGAIN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top