Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2005 8:31:00 AM EDT
So my buddy i just discovered has a Astra A-100  .45 ACP  i know they are made in Spain and the specs.what i want to know is has anyone had any experience w/ them. are they reliable or do they malfunction alot. are any of the parts prone to breaking easily.that kind of stuff any and all help is appreciated. thank's
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So my buddy i just discovered has a Astra A-100  .45 ACP  i know they are made in Spain and the specs.what i want to know is has anyone had any experience w/ them. are they reliable or do they malfunction alot. are any of the parts prone to breaking easily.that kind of stuff any and all help is appreciated. thank's

I've got an Astra Constable (Walther PPK/S clone) and like it a lot.  Good little CCW pocket gun.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#2]
anybody else out there that can help me,more specificly the A-100
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't own one, but always had the understanding their quality/reputation was on par with Star. Which is usually held in high regard by most gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Maniac,i'm not up to par on Star's products either,sorry.more of a Colt,Glock lover myself
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks Maniac,i'm not up to par on Star's products either,sorry.more of a Colt,Glock lover myself

Star made good stuff. You see one for a good price get it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:50:52 AM EDT
[#6]
So reliability with the Astra is pretty good? He's never shot the thing before and was asking me.As i stated before i've never heard of the brand ntil now.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#7]
If they are in fact on the same level as Star then yes they are reliable. Stick to factory magazines, if they are anything like a Star they don't take kindly to aftermarket magazines. If he doesn't know anything about it and never fired it, I suggest it be looked over by a gunsmith to make sure it is safe to fire.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I owned an A100 in .45ACP and it was great and reliable.  I haven't had any problems with them and I recommend it highly.  At the time they were produced in the early 90's, they were touted to go 10,000 rounds without cleaning.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an Astra A100 in 9mm. It is not the most accurate 9mm I have ever shot, but it is more than accurate enough for its intended use as a duty weapon. It has been 100% reliable. Picked it up at a gun show, no box, one 17 rnd mag, like new, $200. Having put 1500+ rnds through this gun without a single malfunction of any kind has made me consider finding one in .45 ACP myself.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:30:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a A-100 in .45, and another in 9mm.  They're good pistols.  "Sigish" controls, though quality isn't as high as a Sig, it's not as bad as some people make out.  Alot of people knock them because they aren't real Sigs, but they weren't ever meant to be.  If you knew the history of the A-80, A-85, A-90 and A-100, which are basically the evolution to the current A-100, then you'd know where each feature came from and why it's there.  It wasn't ever designed to be a "cheap Sig wannabe", but those controls evolved into the gun for some good reasons.  

They're all steel, so they have some heft to them.  

The .45 was nice because it gave you alot of rounds without the wide grip many hi-cap .45's have.

I never had an malfuctions with either caliber of mine, and I shot the crap out of the 9mm.  

I wouldn't pay top dollar for one, but I'd buy one for defense and not worry about being poorly armed.

Now the A-75 in .45ACP...THERE'S A GUN!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I have about 6000 rounds through mine and never had a jam.  Haven't fired it in years though. I think that the firing pin is considered weak for dry firing so don't do that without a snap cap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top