Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2021 1:02:19 PM EDT
Got one? What's it like? How's the trigger? What sight channels does IWI use?

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

View Quote

I think the trigger is better than a factory Glock trigger. It's a pretty light gun.  My first one has 5k rounds through it. Did have to replace extractor. But I have picked up a second one recently and it's my carry gun.

My first one shoots a little low and to the left but I believe that's me being left handed and learning to shoot right handed. I personally love it. The three dot sights are pretty decent. But be warned some of the guns shipped with screws a little too long for the holosun as brought to my attention by @CouncilofDave

It's the right screw for the right side mounting hole. It puts pressure on the extractor causing a bind. And I wanted to see if I could replicate. And indeed both my new one and old one had ones too long. But I don't use holosun right now so I wouldn't have known.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:37:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouncilOfDave] [#2]
I ended up shortening the screw myself a mm or two, but [corrected below].

I can't compare the trigger since I haven't shot other striker fired pistols much, and don't own any.

Once I fixed the mounting screw it's functioned reliably for a little over 1k rounds.

Holster options aren't great, but I got a decent AIWB from Muddy River Tactical.

I bought it because there wasn't a P10c on the shelf and wanted an easy MRDS host for my first. It's... perfectly fine.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
They are mad mother thread not standard. MM
I know because I had to shorten both the screws to mount a holosun.  
And I asked IWI what thread they were.
The standard way I like to shorten screws is to first thread them into a die, shorten then when I unscrew them, no burrs.
But I didn't do that with these screws.
Took a dremel and cut off a tiny amount, then tediously filed the end clean.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By meistermash:
They are mad mother thread not standard. MM
I know because I had to shorten both the screws to mount a holosun.  
And I asked IWI what thread they were.
The standard way I like to shorten screws is to first thread them into a die, shorten then when I unscrew them, no burrs.
But I didn't do that with these screws.
Took a dremel and cut off a tiny amount, then tediously filed the end clean.
View Quote
I did the die trick with a wiring tool and file. Was close enough I guess.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:10:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#5]
I recently took mine out, here is my updated view after using it over 3 days on courses. trigger isn’t great, better then a Glock but worse then many competitors in the wonder nine area. Mags on the change had to be striped, Magwell is a bit small for quick changes, mag release sucks. The good is for the price it comes with a lot and the optics cut is nice. I bought it for about 400, for the price I don’t think I could have found anything better. Add 100-200 and I am not sure it competes well. The price keeps it relevant in my mind. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#6]
My only complains about it are 1) trigger reset is further out than Glock's, 2) I have to shift my grip to reach the mag release, and 3) there is virtually no aftermarket support or even forum for info.

On the upside, I'm quicker and more accurate with it than the Glocks I've had for many years, which says a lot.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone been able to get mags for these pistols?  My search is turning up nothing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:40:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#8]
Through iwi website I bought 4 when it first came out
Edit: very much available through their website, says in stock
https://iwi.us/product/masada-9mm-magazines-17round/
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I did the "their website" thing too.
I wonder if the first generation Cz po7 mags don't fit though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#10]
The cz mags I have won’t fit, I would just purchase the mags from them if you want a full load or back ups. Still says in stock. The only other place I have seen them for sale is BDU but I do not currently have a membership there so I have no clue if they are still there or not, but price was similar.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 7:41:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#11]
Classic Firearms has IWI Masada mags in stock.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/iwi-pmm9b10t-masada-9mm-10rd-black-threaded/

Web site only shows ten round capacity.  I’d call them and see if they have higher capacity mags or will get any.

Gun Mag Warehouse has IWI Masada mags in stock.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/iwi-masada-9mm-17-round-magazine.html
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 5:50:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#12]
I have one.  I like a lot. A LOT.

Better trigger than Glocks. Better mag ejection. Better grip. Better grip texture.

Shoot 124 gr ammo and your shots won't be low.

IWI took the best from several makes and created the Masada. For me anyway, it punches above its price point in a market of (some extremely) overpriced polymers.

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 9:22:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got one up haven't shot it yet. If I knew nothing about each, a Glock/Masada fell off the turnip truck in front of me and I had to pick one it would be the Masada for sure from handling each alone.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

View Quote

Sig sight dovetail cuts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top