Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2002 8:48:58 PM EDT
This was the first gun I carried when I started carrying a gun regualarly.  It was not a bad gun.  It is about the size of a Star PD, but had the advantage of double action, with a decocking lever.  There was no manual safety, though the gun had the usual host of automatic safeties found on today's pistols.  It never failed in any way, except after a year or so the slide started failing to slock open.  I figured the mag spring (as I only had one mag for it.  Hey, I was poor!) was probably getting weak.  I looked around and couldn't find a mag for sale anywhere, gunshop, gunshow, anywhere.  I eventually sold it.  

It was still a great gun size wise.  I mean it was not the smallest auto, but it was flat, it was compact (like an Officer's ACP size) and it was DA/SA.  The steel frame actually made it pretty heavy, and recoil was not as bad as a ltwt Commander.  It was a very accurate gun too.  

I suppose I should ahve kept it, as I have ran across mags a few times at shows, but such is life.  I haven't seen them in a long while though.  Kinda makes you wonder if they all just wore out fast, or what.

Ross
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 2:40:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The Astra 75 was a really nice little handgun and there are still a few around. Like the STARs though, the people that have them tend to keep shooting them.

ASTRA has been bought out by STAR and the combined firm markets under the ASTAR brand. Hopefully they'll return to the US market one day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top