Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 3:21:11 AM EDT
Shot my P9 the other day, 100 rounds of wolf 100 for speer and some Hornady and Federal a bit of Corbon.

On one box the the Wolf, i had 3 failure to feed, the round nose dived. With the other rounds no problems. Im thinking they were under charge with powder not completely cycling the weapon. The othe box no problem. The other ammo gave me no issues either.

P.S. I have shot about 200 rounds from the same ammo box on my Glock and gave me no problems what so ever.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Shot my P9 the ether day, 100 rounds of wolf 100 for speer and some Hornady and Federal a bit of Corbon.

On one box the the Wolf, i had 3 failure to feed, the round nose dived. With the other rounds no problems. Im thinking they were under charge with powder not completely cycling the weapon. The othe box no problem. The other ammo gave me no issues either.

P.S. I have shot about 200 rounds from the same ammo box on my Glock and gave me no problems what so ever.

Was this a new P9 that you were breakingin?/ Or hav eyou passed the 200 round break in procedure. ???Wolffs steel cased ammo is not the best.their brass stuff iis ok.  Most shooters that I know tend to shy away form steel cased ammo. It is harder on the extractors for sure.  If you had only 3 issues in maybe break in , then IMO, ur good to go.  I personally buy any crap cheap ammo I can for range use and if I got a bad round or two out of a few boxes, "so what".  My defense stuff is only the best.  

I can buy winchester (when they have it) from wal mart in 100 paks cheaper than any wolff ammo by far, so I don't mess with it.  

Personally I  think your kahr is perfect, so just shoot it like u stole it..  The P9 is just one hellof a great shooter to.  I wish I had bought a P9 over my K9, which is a super shooter but I just like the polymer P9 alot, but you just don't see them around hardly new or even worse used. I bought  my K9 used and it has never hic-cupped once in over 4500 rounds..
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:52:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Wolf is cheap ammo and sometimes low power. Kahrs like to be loaded "Hot". If you carry the gun load it with +P ammo. I recommend the Corbon 115gr. +p round ( Not their DPX load).
Also I recommend changing the recoil spring and magazine springs about every 200 rounds. The springs are available from Kahr.
Now the Glocks are less tempermental and usually eat anything. Also spring replacement times are longer.
These things I have listed are the price you have to pay for having that much firepower in such a small package.
There's no free meal.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:59:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I got the gun used, dont know how many rounds, but the weapon does not look like it has had alot of round down the chamber and is in like new condition.

Funny thing, the Corbon i shot was the +p JHP(not DPX) I got a full clip of it with the gun, i like it nice little flip to it.
And yes i only use the wolf for range duty. I figure the gun was still breaking in, and the powder charge on the wolf might had been low.

Im going to call Kahr and find out about spring replacement cycles, if it really is 200 rounds to be honest i will be selling the gun. It just does not make any sense to have to change the springs at 200 rounds. Maybe you meant 2000??? Once again, just making sure, i didn't get any documentation with the weapon so i dont know.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wolf is cheap ammo and sometimes low power. Kahrs like to be loaded "Hot". If you carry the gun load it with +P ammo. I recommend the Corbon 115gr. +p round ( Not their DPX load).
Also I recommend changing the recoil spring and magazine springs about every 200 rounds. The springs are available from Kahr.
Now the Glocks are less tempermental and usually eat anything. Also spring replacement times are longer.
These things I have listed are the price you have to pay for having that much firepower in such a small package.
There's no free meal.

way over kill on the recoil springs,  way over kill indeed. but they are inexpensive so change away. confidence of mind is what matters with each person, Kahrs are not  Rohbourghs.. that they say require spring changes very often..Kahr willtellyou 2000 rounds and that is conservative even.. Course what do I know, my pm9 has 20,500 rounds through it kand I have changed 5 times JUST BECASUE I though I should..
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's no free meal.

way over kill on the recoil springs,  way over kill indeed. but they are inexpensive so change away. confidence of mind is what matters with each person, Kahrs are not  Rohbourghs.. that they say require spring changes very often..  i HAVE OVER 20,500 ROUNDS THROUGH mny PM9 and have changed the springs about 5 times.  and the only reason I did so was JUST BECAUSE I felt I should, certainly not becuase of any issues.

Go to gunsprings com to buy your replacement sprigns and magazine spri9ngs  Wolffs makes all of kahrs springs by the way.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no free meal.

way over kill on the recoil springs,  way over kill indeed. but they are inexpensive so change away. confidence of mind is what matters with each person, Kahrs are not  Rohbourghs.. that they say require spring changes very often..  i HAVE OVER 20,500 ROUNDS THROUGH mny PM9 and have changed the springs about 5 times.  and the only reason I did so was JUST BECAUSE I felt I should, certainly not becuase of any issues.

Go to gunsprings com to buy your replacement sprigns and magazine spri9ngs  Wolffs makes all of kahrs springs by the way.

That's what i was thinking. I usually go 5k for recoil springs. But that also still not too bad.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top