Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2020 11:57:41 AM EDT
Recently picked up a nib CM9. I had one years ago but regrettably sold it. Picked up a new one and from 7 yards is printing about 6" low. Im about 400 rounds into it with zero hookups thus far, except shooting low. Ive tried 124 ball, 115 ball, 124+p and even some 115+p+. im thinking of putting a small viridian laser on it to see it that helps but id rather have the sights shooting poa.

I know Dawson makes different hight front sights but since its the cm and not the pm swapping out the front sight is an issue. Send it to Kahr? Will Dawson install front sights?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:14:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44-40pro] [#1]
Not in any way impugning your shooting skills, but have you tested the gun from a sandbag rest. When I got my first Kahr many years ago I thought I had the same problem. Turns out it was me. The longer double action mimicing trigger can take a little getting used to. I was inadvertently nose diving the gun while pulling the trigger. Once I realized it was me and not the gun, a conscious effort to correct my shooting/grip/trigger pull for that gun cured me. It was a small drop in the muzzle during the trigger pull and hard to notice. It was actually a shooting buddy watching me that noticed what I was doing.

ETA: Have owned many Kahrs over the years and really like them, and their triggers. Stick with it OP.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:25:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jaytee450] [#2]
Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't tried shooting from a rest yet but I will if it ever stops raining. ive been shooting mostly glocks since I had my last Kahr.

I does seem to prefer the 115+p+ gol ddots
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think Kahr Arms rates their pistols for +P+ ammo.
+P yes.  You may ruin the gun with the hotter ammo.

I've also seen the same problem with new Kahr owners who are not DA revolver shooters.
For those of us who grew up with revolvers the Kahr feels and shoots just fine.
Give it to an auto shooter and they often shoot low or off to one side due to trigger manipulation.

You have to "learn" the Kahr trigger.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 12:20:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I know that I am late to the thread but I have only recently joined ARFCOM.
I have noticed that my Kahr CM9 is a fairly ammo dependent.  It will shoot most ammo well but it really likes Aguila 117gm HP ammo.  A while ago I was trying different brands to see if the all fed reliably and were pretty accurate.  I looking to see if I could get by with some cheaper self defense ammo.  I shot Federal HST, Remington Golden Saber, PMC, the Aguila and some regular, old WWB.   They all ran reliably but the Aguila was far and away the most accurate.  It had the best group of the bunch and made a regular customer of Aguila whenever I can find it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Guns are individuals.
Some guns "like" or don't like some brands or types of ammo.

.22's are much more picky but if you want the best out of a gun, shoot as many types and brands of ammo that you can find and pick the one that offers the best accuracy AND the best reliability.......buy a LOT of that ammo.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top