Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 10/9/2010 2:11:12 PM EDT
Salesman at the funstore told me that a 1911 mag will work in a cw45. Anyone try this? Im curious because a wilson combat 1911 mag is still cheaper than kahr factory, and I already have tons of 1911 mags.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
This thread is relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I just tried a Wilson Combat magazine in a p45 (not cw45).  It fits and locks in place.  However, I could not fully rack the slide.  The lips on the mag I tried, pressed against the ejector and interfered with the slide.  I did not try to fire a round, but the way the slide caught , I won't be trying it either.

It might be possible to use one, but it would require modification to the magazine.  Also the feed angle is different on the 1911 magazine.

Link Posted: 10/11/2010 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#3]
i did a little searching and talked to a gunsmith that i use and he said it will work with any officer length magazine with slight modifications, he said to use a dremel and remove some material from the feed lips until the profile matches that of the khar magazine, also he said wilson mags are the only ones that will hold the slide back after the last shot due to the shape of the follower. He also mentioned that he has had problems with 1911 mags that have a steel follower.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's some info for any that may still be interested: http://kahrtalk.com/p-cw-series-pistols/3317-cw45-p45-flush-fit-magazine-updated.html
Regards,
Greg
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top