Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2010 4:42:06 PM EDT
as the title says how does the hive like the emp serries ?
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested also for the wife.  I've got a SA Micro 45 and love it but recoil is a bit much for the wife, the 9mm might be better for her.    The EMP looks like a nice lil gun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like them, but not enough to plunk down the cash, so far.
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
looking at the 40cal  might consider the 9mm  ive always been a 1911 shooter so these are right up my alley
Link Posted: 6/13/2010 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an EMP40 with VZ Grips that I had to special order (They didn't make the style I wanted for the EMP's yet.)

I am picking up a slightly customized EMP9 (Beautiful Sarges Maple Burl grips and trigger work from renowned smithy) today.

Any questions?   Yeah..you could say I like them.

Finally got them together :)

Link Posted: 6/13/2010 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#5]
How much smaller is it than a Micro 45?   I havent handled the EMP personally.
Link Posted: 6/13/2010 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice guns dragonsden  just made one more reason why i should get one
Link Posted: 6/19/2010 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How much smaller is it than a Micro 45?   I havent handled the EMP personally.

Handled both of them today, other than the Micro feeling a tad heavier I could not tell any difference. Laid them both SXS and they looked the same in shape and size.

I want an EMP so bad I can taste it, but $1200 is too high for my wallet.

Link Posted: 6/21/2010 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Got mine for $999 from Gunbroker.  I really like it a lot.  PRetty acurate, feels great.  Put 100 rounds through so far without any issues.  Has a little heft to it so it helps with recoil compared to my Walther PPS (both pretty mild, but the EMP is a bit less)

My first 1911, and it seems a bit of a pain to field strip it.  You need a little thing to clip onto the spring guide.  OTherwise extremely happy with it.  Nice and small.  Waiting for my SuperTuck to see how comfy it is to wear.
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Like mine just fine, got it from rrarms.com

Link Posted: 6/22/2010 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]
i've been wanting one for some time...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I couldn't stand it any longer and sold a couple handguns yesterday and went on a search for an EMP in 9mm.  These little guns are pretty scarce except on gunbroker.  I finally called up Knob Creek's gun shop and they had one (about a 3 1/2 hr drive from Paducah KY)  I had them put my name on it and gonna have it shipped to my local FFL!  I can't wait.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
i love mine

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:16:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Check the sticky post at the top of this (Springfield) forum.  Only complaint I"m aware of is extractor problems.  I knew of it before I bought, but loved the way the gun felt so bought anyway.  I had problems with double feeds, but sent it back to Springfield and it is now 100% reliable.  VERY happy, and I'd recommend it.  Just be aware there is a slight chance you may be one of the ones that has to send it back (free), but I haven't heard of anyone who wasn't able to get it fixed and reliable.  Have about 350-400 rounds since returned without a problem.

Bought mine off gunbroker also for $999.

My wife loves it.  As a side benefit, putting about 400 rounds before sending it back got her (and me) some valuable practice in clearing double feeds
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#14]
If you set up an alert on Bud's Gun Shop, they will e-mail you when they have the EMP in stock.  The standard 9MM EMP goes for $981 shipped (at least it used to) and they currently have a 9MM EMP w/ G10 grips for $1,087 and a .40 EMP for $1,030 shipped.

Based on the prices it seems that either Bud's or Springfield have recently raised the prices.  I will wait to see what the prices are when they get another standard 9MM EMP in stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top