Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 12:18:36 PM EDT
I didn't realize that Springfield used to offer a CZ75 clone.  I saw a used one for sale at my local store and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it.  Is it the same as a CZ, so in case something broke it could be easily repaired?  Would normal capacity CZ magazines, (i.e., high capacity) magazines work?  Anyone know why Sprinfield stopped offering them?

The used one seemed nice, although the trigger was very smooth and I found it hard to keep my finger from slipping off in DA mode.

TIA!
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
They quit making them because they didn't sell. They didn't sell because they were a POS.

I don't remember exactly why they had so many problems but I never met a satisfied owner.

Get a High Power instead.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:53:36 AM EDT
[#2]
That may have been about the time they went bankrupt.
They had an extensive line up in the catalog, back then.
1992...the SASS, a drop on 1911 conversion, from .22 to .308.
Lots of P-9 models to choose from.
I'm pretty sure these were Tanfoglio based pistols as most CZ clones were.
The mags did not interchange from the CZ, If I remember correctly.
And there was the "R" series...Panther, Firecat, Bobcat and Lynx were featured, they look to be SA restamped imports.
There even was a 10MM "Omega" auto offered too.
They may have over-extended themselves, but I never knew the P-9 to be bad or not.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you, sirs!

Is $599 too much for a FN-made (I think) high power?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is $599 too much for a FN-made (I think) high power?

That's probably the going market rate. Personally, I would shop around in Gun List or gun shows or maybe KY Imports & get a real Browning HP instead of the FN. The older ones seem to be made better, IMO.

My HP model is the Practical, wonderful gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top