Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 3:06:20 PM EDT
Hello. This is only my third post in here. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Compact LW.  I have one and love it.  I use it for CCW.  It has that "feel", if you know what I mean.  I enjoy carrying for its reliability and light weight. Anyway, I thought I would just take some time to brag about my Springfield. Thanks for listening.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:31:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Brag on. And welcome to the forums.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Just bought one a few weeks ago.  It's the model prior to the current loaded version.  It doesn't have the ambi-safety (which is a good thing to me) nor the night sights.  The night sights I'll eventually add on, probably Heinie Straight-8s.  The gun was a used as new. Box, all papers.  Aside from the factory test firing, there were no signs of wear--no marks on the inside of the magwell, magazines were sparkling clean, n tell-tale slide stop marks on the frame, etc.  Of course after I got it that all changed.  Magwell is all scuffed up now, copper streaking in the barrel, and a small spot where I learned that Hoppes #9 will remove some of the finish from the alloy frame.

Otherwise, it's a great shooter that shoots better than I do.  I got it for CCW purposes.  I have a Milt Sparks VMII holster on order for it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I just received my Compact last week, as a replacement for a lemon ultra compact. Took it out last Friday. Shoots to POA, feeds reliably, esthetically pleasing, all in all a great pistol. Overall, I'm very happy with it.
Top Top