Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 11:53:47 PM EDT
A guy I work with recently purchased an XD 45 because I recomended it to him and he went and checked them out and got one. We talked tonight and he said his shoots 3" left at 15'. Has any one else had one do this? Do you think it is him or the pistol? Both of mine are dead on and my 5" is great at 25yrds. If I can I would like to help him figure out what is going on since I recomended it to him. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
My XD9 shot consistently to the left. I noticed the rear sight was not centered so I drifted it to the center and now it shots to point of aim.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:55:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Go shooting with him and shoot his before he does anything to it.  It most likely is the shooter.  A lot of people report this problem, although it is usually low/left rather than just left.  When I first got my XD9, I was shooting straight off to the left as well.  I read the posts, and kept shooting, and did a bit of dry firing as well.  I attribute most of my problems from shooting 1911,s for a very long time.  After about 300 rounds or so I got back on center.

-Corn
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Good advice above by Cornsweat, but in my case the pistol was actually shooting off to the left. At first I blamed my self and the fact that it was a new-to-me pistol. But I did not display these traits while shooting my SIG 225 or 1911A1.

As time went on and I continued to practice and apply every aspect of pistol shooting I knew, even to the point of asking for advice with the XD, I finally doubted the accuracy of the rear sight and made the adjustment.

It was obvious the sights were not completely centered on the frame. Once centered within the graduations in the dovetail the pistol shot to POA.

Your friends problem could very well lay with his shooting technique, but don’t rule out the sights being off.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Virtually all of my semi's shot to he left, due to my trigger pull. A bit of rear sight drifting & VOILA`! POA!    
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
my 45 service was shooting about like that when i got it.  turns out it was my trigger pull, i actually put MORE finger on the trigger and use a smooth pull and its dead on center and i love my XD!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top