Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 12:29:22 PM EDT
Sometime in the next 9 months I'm going to be purchasing an XD .45ACP. I'm not going to be using it for concealed carry. Excluding better concealability, are there any other advantages that the 4" model has over the 5" model?

You don't have to reverse that question. I already know the advantages that an extra inch of barrel brings. I just want to know if there are any pros that the 4" model has that I should consider before settling on the 5" model.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]
BUMP

22 reads and no replies.

If you can't think of any advantages because there are none, feel free to say that too. The more info the better.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I hate to state the obvious but the 4" will be easier to hide and easier to swing in really thick brush.  That's all I can think of.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
If concealability is not an issue, I can't think of any advantages that the 4" holds over the 5".
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Most women will tell you an inch can make a difference.  

A 4" will allow a more comfortable IWB carry when you go to sit down, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks gentlemen.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
4 inch = more concealable. 5 Inch = slightly higher velocity and maybe slightly more accurate?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#7]
i carry the service XD in 357sig everyday using a comptac

ctac holster
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
4 inch = more concealable. 5 Inch = slightly higher velocity and maybe slightly more accurate?

Only about 50 fps or so, generally speaking. Accuracy is subjective to the shooter & ammo, IMO.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top