Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 9:37:41 AM EDT
I went out yesterday to look at the XD45, but after handling the 40 I found it fit my hand alot better than the 45.

I had the option of either "the kit" or trijicon night sites so I opted for the night sites and bought a holster separate. I'll seek out a mag holder later.

It came with the trijicon sites, 2 mags, a cable lock and the case for $519.

A pic of the sites

I'm taking it out shooting tomorrow, and hopefully it shoots as well as it fits in my hand .
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have that exact model.  Excellent pistol.  Now I have the same in a sub
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't mind me asking, why did you get rid of it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

After carrying the sub for me it was so much lighter and easy to conceal.Plus bought a tactical for comp and made a sweet trade for a 1911 Black stainless loaded.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Used the money to buy a Colt.  Then traded it towards new Bushy.  Will buy another one like yours as soon as I have the money.  It shot awesome!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#5]
OK.....I'd have to say those are both very good reasons
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
hanibal,
I have the Springfield XD-40 V10.  I have to say that Springfield makes a very nice handgun.  I really enjoy the low recoil from the compensation.  The only things I didn't like is the three grooves at the front of the slide.  It tends to rub my thumb more then I would like when really concentrating on my tactical shooting.  The other is the carbon build up after a long day of shooting.  If you look inside the slide at the cuts for the copmensator, you will see that it builds up good and is stuborn in that spot.  Overall, I love it.  I really had a hard time deciding between the Sig Pro and the XD.  I'm sure either would have been a good choice but I'm happy I chose the XD.  The "cocked" and the "chambered round" indicators are very nice for home protection.  I've shot more then 500 rounds through it and am looking forward to the next 500.

Let me know how you like it.

STRIKERS_RODENT
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:52:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I Love the feel of the Xd .my service had 1500-2000 rounds down the pipe and a canyon-creek trigger job.Tfo sight and a one piece guide rod.
My Sub-compact is at or beyond the 2000 mark.
Tactical has the lowest only about 500 round.

known Failures keep an eye on the recoil assemble Every time you clean it twist both ends if it turns needs loctite or replacement.(Or buy a don's one piece)

Inspect the locking block.if it doesn't have dimples corners a good chance it will crack around the 1500-2500 mark.

Been a couple recent reports of trigger springs but I have yet to see a picture of where or how they broke
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info, Gents!  I finally got to the range tonite and I have to say I'm happy with the XD so far.
I put 250 rnds. through it and I seem to shoot about "2 inches low. I think some more trigger time will fix that though

I can't speak to cleaning after heavy shooting yet, as I said I only put 250 through it.

RT, I'll keep an eye on those possible trouble spots thanks for the heads up.

ETA: I wasn't sure how I felt about the loaded chamber indicator, but it's kinda handy. It doesn't replace manually checking the chamber before storing or handling but it has it's place.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I picked up a XD40 service last year and loved how it fit my hand and once at the range it got better. I plan on getting a subcompact . They are AWSOME GUNS.  

CONGRATS on yours.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#10]
This is my first XD. Planning on another sometime this year. Enjoy it.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#11]
4npower, thanks. It is a great gun. I have a bad habit of shooting about 2" low with it if I don't pay attention though. I need more practice with it. OH NO not more range time! How will I ever deal with that.

B-O-A-T-S, nice pic! I have a feeling a sub compact may be in my near future.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#12]
You didn't miss much by passing on the SA Holster :). It works but it is far from ideal. I bought the XD45 yesterday and love it, but have alreayd ordered a G-code holster for it :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top