Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 11:42:04 AM EDT
I looked at both of these but  i cant decide which one i want. Any suggestions? also i dont know how i like the safety on the handle. how do you guys like it?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No contest. The XD is a far superior hand gun. Do a little reading on them and you will see why.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No contest. The XD is a far superior hand gun. Do a little reading on them and you will see why.

+1
Not even in the same league.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The 24/7 has some nice features, so does the XD. Here are some things to consider:

24/7
Pros:
Taurus lifetime warranty
NRA's HG of the year 2005
Offered in 9mm, .40, .45
Long-slide model (see Cons below)
DA/SA modes

Cons:
Can't buy them. They aren't shipping them up from Brazil. Some political thing.

XD
Pros:
Legendary Springfield reliability
Offered in 9mm, .40, .357 Sig

Cons:
No .45 offered as yet
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
XD
Pros:
Legendary Springfield reliability
Offered in 9mm, .40, .357 Sig

Cons:
No .45 offered as yet

Either I missed something in this post or I've been doing something really stupid.  This XD I have seems to be shooting the 45acp I keep stuffin in it just fine.  I think it might even say 45acp on the side!

I just tried a 9mm and it fell all the way through the barrel!.  I do believe it is a .45!  

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Guees I've been out of circulation too long. I just checked and the XD is NOW offered in .45. My bad.

Now tell me where I can buy one, cheaply.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I am seeing a wide disparity in prices.  Some folks asking $550-$600 for the first ones out.  The average seems to be about $475.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top