Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 5:28:37 PM EDT
Got home today and took the XD out to mess with and lo and behold what is there? Rust around the rear of the slide, so I guess it's off to Springfield for the armorcoat stuff. What is the process just call them up? I thought I was gonna be one of the lucky ones and not have problems, I sure as hell spouted I wasn't having problems with the finish. It did come off easy and was only surface and did not pit the slide, I recoated it in RIG, I think I forgot to last time I cleaned it. But, to anybody who saw posts that basically were touting mine as impervious to rust please feel free to call me a jackass. It sure as hell seemed I was not going to have problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Call or email [email protected] get an rma send it in and then send reciet for shipping for reimbersment.Note some people have been rejected recently might just check on another gun-kote or duracoat
You can have just the slide done alot faster and pretty cheap
Great trigger jobs and gun-kote hereCanyon creek
Dura coat and free sight install if you buy them from herewww.xd-hs2000.com/
Note my armory coat scratches real easy
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Call or email [email protected] get an rma send it in and then send reciet for shipping for reimbersment.Note some people have been rejected recently might just check on another gun-kote or duracoat
You can have just the slide done alot faster and pretty cheap
Great trigger jobs and gun-kote hereCanyon creek
Dura coat and free sight install if you buy them from herewww.xd-hs2000.com/
Note my armory coat scratches real easy

Alright I'll check into the Canyon Creek and the other, get a trigger job and recoated at once would be nice thanks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out MAC's He does great work and is cheaper than anyone i have seen. he has done 4 hanguns for me and i love it. He also stands behind his work!! a friend had a 1911 get knocked off the bench and landed on some rocks. it got dinged up and he sent it back to have it touched up and Mac would not take any money for it even though it was abuse. He did it for free.   WWW.SHOOTINIRON.COM
He only charges 37.00 for a slide and that includes shipping back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check out MAC's He does great work and is cheaper than anyone i have seen. he has done 4 hanguns for me and i love it. He also stands behind his work!! a friend had a 1911 get knocked off the bench and landed on some rocks. it got dinged up and he sent it back to have it touched up and Mac would not take any money for it even though it was abuse. He did it for free.   WWW.SHOOTINIRON.COM
He only charges 37.00 for a slide and that includes shipping back.

Check into it also, damn I sure was pissed when I saw that rust. Especially considering the abuse I have put it through and it never rusted. I guess that shows even skipping oiling it one time after shooting is enough, oh well, I am going to recoat it anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Do not worry because I am sure when you get it back from SA with the new finish you will say crow taste just like chicken.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do not worry because I am sure when you get it back from SA with the new finish you will say crow taste just like chicken.

The rust on mine came off easily and has not showed back up since recoating it in RIG. It did not pit the slide either, was just a very light powedery surface rust. Do I need picture documentation or wait for it to rust again and send it that way? I can't believe they would just take my word on it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:45:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Call them and tell them what happened and see what they do. I would call as opposed to an email.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I would just pony up and get it done at Macs Shootin Irons
Cost me $60 and I shot it in the rain with no problems 3 days later with no oil or cleaning and locked in a foam case.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:50:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Well now that the fun from hurricane rita is dying down, and the fact was paid nearly 4 days, 24 hours a day at double time and a half. And have been working 7 12s since the Sunday after it hit. Paying to get a good refinish on it will be no problem. Probably the only good thing that came from that hurricane hitting us was my paychecks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I went through the same thing last weekend. Opened up the bedside lockbox to find the XD with rust along the back of the slide, right where I grab it to cycle it.

The slide went out to ajames at xd-hs2000.com Monday night for duracoat refinishing. The finish gets high marks on hs2000talk.com, and ajames is a great guy to do business with. 48 hour turnaround time, 45 bucks including return shipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top