Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2020 6:55:51 PM EDT
picked up a XD 9 Mod2 4.0 for a home nightstand pistol... I don't mind the stock trigger but I figure if there is a nice trigger upgrade out there why not.
I have been away from the XD series for a few years... my last XD9 service pistol I used a powder river trigger, now I see Springer precision...  without spending more than I have into this pistol... what are my options?  what do you guys like?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]
PRP in some of mine. I imagine the Springer Precision will be just as good. Both are close in price.

I'm a fan of PRP, in addition to triggers, they've done some slide milling for RDS mounts that really shine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Is swapping the trigger fairly easy on an XD?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:56:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is swapping the trigger fairly easy on an XD?
View Quote

Yes and makes a world of difference.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes and makes a world of difference.
View Quote

I've had this gun for nearly 20 years and I'm used to the trigger but I'm thinking of swapping it out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
The XD triggers wear in very nicely.  Keep shooting it and it'll be butter before long.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The XD triggers wear in very nicely.  Keep shooting it and it'll be butter before long.
View Quote

Agreed.

But the used Mod. 2 4.0 I just picked up came with a PRP trigger installed and I'm sold on them now.

While it's not a huge difference in trigger pull compared to my other XD factory triggers, the reduced pre-travel and shorter reset are well worth it.
Top Top