Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 7:30:26 PM EDT
I was going to do some custom work myself, but after seeing their pricing, I'm thinking of sending my MC Operator in. Has anyone dealt with them? Good lead times? Good work?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you wanting done? Wilson, Ed Brown or maybe Cylinder & Slide might be better options as some others out there?

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen their work, and yes, it's good.  As for turn around, I have no idea, but my friend sent his in for Novaks and got it back in a month, which is not bad at all.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to have their parts inspection done, along with recoating the frame to a black color, adding a S&A arched MSH with extended mag well, and replacing any parts neccessary. The previous owner hacked the rear sight trying to remove it by prying it off with a screw driver but I haven't gotten around to finding out if it's truly damaged. It's a used pistol I currently have on layaway. I was going to do most of it myself, but I figure Springfield could probably do a little better.

How do the others compare price wise?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:08:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Just my 02 cents but I think it's a good idea to send it to Springfield.  That way they can warranty their work.  I don't know if the lifetime warranty is transferable but I'm assuming it is.  On my Mil-Spec,  I had them fix the front sight as that started wiggling after 250 rounds.  I also mentioned that it shot way low at 25 yds.  They replaced the rear sight and restaked the front and had it back in my hands in TWO weeks.  Not bad eh?   <-----my attempt at a Canadian accent.

(So the previous owner tried to pry off the rear sight?  That's funny because mine worked its way loose and slid towards the leftmost side of the dovetail cut.  I was wondering if I did a good job by tightening the set screw and loctite'ing it.)
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:13:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I had two pistols built by them over the years.  They did excellent work at the time (about 10 years ago).  I havent heard otherwise about their current work.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Cylinder & Slide's only about 20 miles away, but after looking around, Springfields pricing is pretty damn good. Being the original manufacturers is a big plus too.

So when I get it, off to Springfield she goes. Seeing as I'll have her all pretty looking for a little bit, I'm also going to have them swap out the Pachmayr's for some cocobolo grips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top