Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2017 10:28:12 PM EDT
Have a stock EMP 9mm.

2008 vintage, I think.  Stainless slide, matte frame.

Thinking about sending it into have an action job done (4.5 lb. clean-up).

Also desiring a checkered front strap and maybe have the ambi safety changed to a right hand only.

Anything else I should consider having done while it's in the shop?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Might want to confirm but SACS is a shell of its former self, no checkering services are offered. They basically offer trigger jobs, barrels, and refinishing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might want to confirm but SACS is a shell of its former self, no checkering services are offered. They basically offer trigger jobs, barrels, and refinishing.
View Quote
Yikes, what happened there?  That was a great shop.  One of the best.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Officially the Custom shop was closed to outside guns of any kind (ie non custom from the beginning) to catch up on workload. They have since opened up with about 20 or so options. Now even their custom guns are package deals, no modifications to those packages at all.
Unofficially, SA I think might be run by retards.

Ive had 3 guns worked over by them, they were fast, reasonably price and did damn good work.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Would like to have the front strap work myself but I'll wait till next year.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Officially the Custom shop was closed to outside guns of any kind (ie non custom from the beginning) to catch up on workload. They have since opened up with about 20 or so options. Now even their custom guns are package deals, no modifications to those packages at all.
Unofficially, SA I think might be run by retards.

Ive had 3 guns worked over by them, they were fast, reasonably price and did damn good work.
View Quote
Is the quality of workmanship still the same?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Update:

Decided to go with Cylinder & Slide.  Put a wait-list deposit down today.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Innovative Custom Guns out near Altoona.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top