Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 8:00:36 PM EDT
I was at my local shop today, and they had one of the new production Model 27's.  This exact one, blued  It was lightly used, but in excellent shape.  They seem to sell for $950+, I can get this one for quite a bit less.  I don't really NEED it, or have much use for it, but I hate to pass up a deal.  How are these?  Any reason not to get one?   I wish it didn't have the damn internal lock, but it sure is a nice looking gun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:23:38 AM EDT
[#1]

With some judicious internet shopping, you can find a real-deal, P&R 27-2 for 600-700, so unless that's a hell of a deal on the new "Classic" 27, I'd let it sit.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
With some judicious internet shopping, you can find a real-deal, P&R 27-2 for 600-700, so unless that's a hell of a deal on the new "Classic" 27, I'd let it sit.

Agreed, I passed up the new edition 4" barrel Model 57 (.41 Mag.) because S&W insists on putting the Zit (lawyer lock) on their guns.  Find an original Model 27 they are much better revolvers.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  The price on it was $550.  I'm thinking I could live with the lock for that price.  What do you think?  The wife pretty much shot me down , so it's basically a non-issue anyway.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Real 27's and 28's show up on the S&W forum all the time for around there or a little more.. I like the older guns waaaay more
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top