Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 9:50:16 AM EDT
Hi I was wondering if anyone has heard of a .22 cal Hand R pistol? I found my fathers old one and I cleaned it up,but I was wondering if anyone has parts or where might I get them? Thanks Jimmi
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Harrington and Richardson.  Still in business as New England Firearms, tho its doubtful they would have parts for the old stuff.  Numrich is probalby you're best bet.  

H & R built thousands of small inexpensive 22 revolvers over the years.  Generally decent machinery but no one would ever mistake them for Smith & Wesson.  Taking the internals apart is not a job for a rookie.  Lots of pins and stuff.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I have broke it down complete just wondering if I could find parts. I know its cheap but it was my Fathers so its got some meaning to it. If I remember right I think he bought it in 1973 for 32dollars lol.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
My grandpa has one of those, takes it with him deer hunting.  I think he figures he'll shoot squirls with it or something!  They're fun little guns.  When I was little and I'd go visit that was always the gun I wanted to shoot at the range.  He always tells me that it was a stiff little gun until I shot it so much that I smoothed it up.  The guns with family value are more important than any 'custom' 'limited' 'super-anything' could ever be.  Have fun with dads gun, shoot it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top