Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 7:34:11 PM EDT
I have a Taurus revolver.  I don't know what model it is at all.  On the right hand side behind the cylinder there is the Taurus, Brasil emblem.  Beneath the cylinder (right hand side) is some words: INT, DIST. INC. MIAMI, FLA.

The serial number is to the right of that, and below that is "Made in Brazil"

On the barrel, right hand side is .38 Special

Left hand side is the words:

Forjas Taurus S.A.
P. Alegre R.G.S. Brasil

On the cylinder itself, on the side you insert your ammo into, there are 3 numbers 2, 2, and 8.

The original grips are still on the gun, and they are wood.  It has a stainless finish.  If anyone can identify this gun, I would be very appriciative.

Thanks
Reason for edit: I'm an idiot.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The model nuber is to the right of that

i hate to be the one to ask the obvious question but what was the model number?  that would give you a huge clue.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Doh, tried looking for that as the model, but didn't come up.  Didn't mean to put that it was the model number.  I meant to type serial number.  Amazing what going for 30hrs without sleep does huh?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
So it's a 38 caliber Taurus revolver.

No barrel length comment

No 5 or 6 shot capacity comment

No sights comments

Whatda think this is the Psychic Hotline or Miss Cleo.com?

I suggest here: www.taurususa.com/products/products-revolvers.cfm

Mike

ps - ya must be tired
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Barrel length: 3 inches
Sights: single sight in the front.
6 round capacity.

This gun is easily 15 years old.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Believe ya got a Taurus Model 82 Heavy barrel, (made 1971 to date).

The Model 80 has lighter (smaller dia.) barrel but was made only from 1996-1997.

Both are 38 special no rear sight (just notched type frame).

Mike
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Believe ya got a Taurus Model 82 Heavy barrel, (made 1971 to date).

The Model 80 has lighter (smaller dia.) barrel but was made only from 1996-1997.

Both are 38 special no rear sight (just notched type frame).

Mike

That looks like it.  I googled it and found some pics, pretty much identical.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one. It's the 4 inch one.

I got it for $85 bucks..
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
So is this thing even worth a hoot? I've shot it a good bit, accuracy isn't too bad, but is this thing a good gun?  It was given to me in piss poor condition before I cleaned it up...took me quite a bit to get all the gunk out of it before it was even serviceable.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Call Taurus and find out when it was made. If it's an old one and I think it is, it is not P+ rated. Mines so old that they do not have a record for it..

I have yet to shoot mine, but I think that they would be a good plinker or a good home gun for a female.

Mine will be a starter for my son when he's a bit older to shoot.

ETA-The model number is stamped on the frame inside, behind the cyclinder crane.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top