Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 11:50:36 AM EDT
I've wanted a hammerless Airweight snubby for a long time. Specificaly I'd like to find a S&W 340PD, I probably will only shoot 38+P out of it, but I want the *option* of shooting 357mag, and honestly I just like the looks of the black frame with the grey cylinder.

Anyway, I was just at a shop, and they had a 642 hammerless Airweight with both rubber and fancy wood grips, and an IWB leather holster (didn't check the name on the holster). I looked the revolver over real well, and it was very close to new looking. The price was $338.00.

It fit my hand perfectly. I had the cash in my pocket, but I wasn't quite sure what the going price was on the gun. I felt like Istill would have wished I bought the 340PD. So I walked away without it.

Did I do the right thing? -or- Did I turn down a decent deal?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I would've bought it.

That's a very fair price, especially if it looks like new.

Why not go back and get it?  You can always find the 340PD and put it on layaway...then you'll have a backup if you need it.

HH
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:23:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for the responses.  I've given it some thought, and I'm happy that I didn't buy the 642.  Nothing wrong with that model at all, it's just that I don't really "need" the snubby.  So I should definatley get what I "want."

Is there such a thing as Non-buyers remorse?  I think that's what I had yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#4]
S&W 642 s are all over the place  NIB for $350 , so dont feel too bad
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I think you did good.  If you really want the 340 then get it.  They are a bit pricey compared to the 642 and not very fun to shoot .357's as already mentioned.  I was going to do the same thing, at the local shop they had 642's at a decent price and I had the money to pick it and I am glad I didn't becuase I know I really wanted the .357.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top