Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 9:51:12 PM EDT
If you carry at work, what do you carry?  Here's my everyday, everywhere!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you like that speed strip? Do the rounds fall out, is it realy fast?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks Good!!!

Do you spit snuff at them while you are reloading???

Why the strip over a speed loader?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about him, but my 5 shot revolver is nearly imposible to load with a speed loader. I would think that the flat profile would carry easier as well.  My very thin speed loader binds on the grips and cylinder release. The grips ARE clearenced for a speed loader, just not enough.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like my EDC, but the knife is a Strider HAK and the revolver a 642.  When I'm not at work it's a 5" 1911.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#5]

L.E.O. here.  

I carry a Glock 22 on my duty belt with two extra mags (one extra mag in my briefcase).  On my ankle I wear a Glock 26.  Off duty I wear the Glock 26 on my left ankle and a 17 round mag in my pocket.  Sometimes I have an extra 17 round or 31 round mag nearby.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How do you like that speed strip? Do the rounds fall out, is it realy fast?

I prefer a Safariland pop-type loader, but the strips are slimmer for slacks carry.  They can be moderately fast with practice, and after they are broken in a little.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Plain clothes Detective here and I carry a GLOCK 23 in a Kramer belt scabbard and a S&W Airlight Ti in a Galco Ankle Glove.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
L.E.O. here.  

I carry a Glock 22 on my duty belt with two extra mags (one extra mag in my briefcase).  On my ankle I wear a Glock 26.  Off duty I wear the Glock 26 on my left ankle and a 17 round mag in my pocket.  Sometimes I have an extra 17 round or 31 round mag nearby.  

Sorry for the hijack...

I'm also a LEO

What type of ankle holster are you useing? I have a G27 I'd like to carry on my ankle  but I'm concerned about retention and it "flopping around".
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
On duty I carry a SIG P226 DAK in .357 SIG with two extra magazines. Haven't selected a backup, yet.

Off duty, I usually carry a SIG P239 in .357 SIG.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#11]
This is pushing the limits at my office.  But I don't stop there, I carry an LED flashlight and a lighter.

Cope might get me farther in a fight, I could do a wicked Jose Wales.  "How does it work on stains? (spit)"
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks. I carry a SIG Pro in .40 cal at work. Or my Taurus 605, or my Makarov. It really depends on clothing and mood. Also carry a knife that opens one handed easily, and spare mags/speed loaders. I need to add a flashlight.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
L.E.O. here.  

Sorry for the hijack...

I'm also a LEO

What type of ankle holster are you useing? I have a G27 I'd like to carry on my ankle  but I'm concerned about retention and it "flopping around".

Alessi is the best I've seen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Apologies for the hijack...

I carry my Glock 22 in a G&G 803, with an extra magazine in a G&G open-top carrier, along with a 2oz Punch OC and my Benchmade.  I have two extra magazines and my ASP and Gerber Multi-tool in my briefcase.

Plaintclothes investigator for a city PD.

In my last pre-LE job, I carried a 642 in a Kramer pocket holster in my right front pocket, with a speed strip in my left back pocket.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#15]
P2000 .40 S&W in an Uncle Mike's neoprene SOB & 2 12s in a Fobus dual mag carrier.
In the heat in shorts, sometimes a Taurus 2" 38spl. w/shaved hammer.

David

"... Sir why did you shoot this man 36 times??"
"... cause I ran out of ammo??"
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
L.E.O. here.  

Sorry for the hijack...

I'm also a LEO

I'm gonna get flamed here but, I use the Uncle Mike's cheap, nylon ankle holster with the calf strap.  The only problem I have is re-holstering.  The holster flattens out and it takes a few seconds to re-holster.  

Otherwise, I don't have a problem with it.  

I would like to get a better holster but riding motorcycles, I have to find something that will be secure.  I like having the calf strap.  

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#17]
G36 or S&W 649 (.38) depending on the weather
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Either a Kel Tec 380 with a laser, or a S&W Airweight with CT's.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I carry a Kahr MK9 Elite '03 in a Matt DelFatti pocket holster.  I carry an extra 7 round mag in my left pocket in a Kramer magazine scabard.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#20]
S&W 642 either in a Smartcarry, Tommy's Gunpack (fannypack), or a Ken Null SKR.

I used to carry my spares in a Jetloader, but recently I've been using the Bianchi speedstrip.  The speedloader is faster for me, but the speedstrip is much more descrete.

I also carry a Gerber Fast Draw which has replaced my Ken Onion folder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top