Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2002 9:12:20 AM EDT
Well after yesterdays range setion I will have to say this 2" Ruger SP101 is accurate I am able to hit a 12" square plate at 100 yards
4 out of 5 times if I do my part was using Federal 125gr.LEO ammo. There was a guy next to me with a new Springfield Plastic looks like Walther P99 and he could not hit the plate.
I am not that great of a shot but good...
I could hit it easy with my Beretta92FS and
also the SP101 2" it had him looking at that new pistol hard he also said it would take
SIG P228 mags? XD-9 well keep shooting and keep them in the X ring....Beretta92 will...
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend picked up an SP-101 last year and I had a chance to shoot it and was amazed. While not 100 yards, it laid them all into one jagged hole, dead center. I was impressed. (it takes a lot to impress me) At least with me, I have found practicing at long range makes an indoor range look like the target is in your face...way easier to shoot good.
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You can`t do 3" groups at 100 yrds?
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 5:48:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I said it was a 12" plate and yes after lots more practice I can hit it 5 for 5 . Mine is DAO and the secret is in the trigger pull smooth and no creep,Also the Houge grip lets you hold it perfectly..MY #1 carry gun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 5:50:13 AM EDT
[#4]
And 3" groups are possible with my CAR heavy.gifEASY
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Hate to admit I am old enough to have seen this, but I once...many years ago...personally watched Bill Blankenship stand flat-footed with a one hand target stance and shoot a group that measured 7 3/4in. at 100yd. on a 50yd. bullseye target. Colt Detective Spl. 2in. bbl. standard sights, grip adaptor, w/w 148gr. wadcutters.

Yes, it was his personal, tricked-out gun...yes, he was a professional shooter working for Colt at the time...but, DAMN...it was impressive!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top