Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2021 6:06:51 PM EDT
Was just looking at parts kits. Has anyone ever built a revolver from a kit? The charter arms kits are under $150 so not out much. Just wondering what jm getting in to
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of a such a kit but I doubt you could do any worse than Charter Arms does.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
where are these kits?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
No "receiver".  Are you going to CNC one?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No "receiver".  Are you going to CNC one?
View Quote

Ive found a receiver
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless you have frame lying around, pointless. And no Charter won’t sell you one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Unless you have frame lying around, pointless. And no Charter won’t sell you one.
View Quote

Too bad i cant send some of the cut frames they have back to customer service and ask them to fix it
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#8]
interesting vendor.  I have to assume they "decommission" police confiscations / "buy-backs".
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
interesting vendor.  I have to assume they "decommission" police confiscations / "buy-backs".
View Quote

looks like it.
From what I can tell I can get a full gun off gunbroker for not much more after I account for having to buy a frame. So I think the project may not be worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:04:13 PM EDT
[#10]
It also could be a reweld if you have the skills. I haven't done one but there are a couple that have been done on one of the gun building forums. Over all the EGP prices aren't great but when they have a sale it's worth buying a kit or two for spare parts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 2:09:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I've bought from them before, no issue.

I have an old S&W I picked up for $40. The only original parts I'm going to use are the frame, crane and side plate. Every thing else will be from the parts kit.

Attachment Attached File

I'll start a thread when I begin this project.

If you already have a frame, I say go for it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've bought from them before, no issue.

I have an old S&W I picked up for $40. The only original parts I'm going to use are the frame, crane and side plate. Every thing else will be from the parts kit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180908/20200205_184147_jpg-1784638.JPG

I'll start a thread when I begin this project.

If you already have a frame, I say go for it.
View Quote

Right on. I have a similar project. I'm thinking a K frame with a 3 inch barrel and a round butt frame.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one I am willing to get rid of if you are interested  $130/shipped

The frame has been cut into 3 pieces.  It is in great shape if you have a frame. I think nearly all of the parts are there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top