Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 6:55:26 PM EDT
I was given a a Rohm 38 Special by my Dad.  I believe the model is 67.   That is what's on the frame.  On the left grip it says "RG38" .  I want to know a little about this weapon.  It's in excellent condtion.  Is it worth anything ?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
RG stands for Rotten Gun. Not really but honestly I have never heard anything good about them except they were cheap
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Rohm was a West German maker of cheap firearms, which they usually made for US importers and companies in the 1960's and 70's.

Values range from $35.00 to $125.00.

Rohm apparently stopped making real firearms, and when last heard of was still making tear gas pistols, mostly for sale in Europe.

ajm1911 doesn't know what he's talking about.  "RG" does NOT stand for "Rotten Gun".  We understood it to stand for "Retch and Gag".
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Back in the early 1970's one of my first revolver purchases was for a little 22rev, I think RG14.  It was very cheap, but I wanted something to stick in my pocket when I was riding my motorcycle back and to from work.

Best I remember it shot everytime I pulled the trigger, most of the bullet lead went thru the end of the barrel, while some was nicely shaved of prior to.  It was okay for what it was.....

You will probably find that the RG products will be considered as sns's by most, but they didn't cost much when new, and mine was okay.  I remember my cylinder rod would "screw out" and the cylinder would just drop in your hand.

Hey, you generally get what you pay for, so I'm not complaining.  I don't know where that sucker wound up as I gave it to a niece who was attending nursing school.  

It was a gift from your Dad.  Just treasure it for the sentimental aspects, and if you want a firearm to protect yourself go out and buy something else.

Best Wishes,

JP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top