Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2009 8:56:46 AM EDT
I just ordered a SharkTac IWB holster for my wife's LCP.  Anyone here currently using one for their LCP?
Likes?  Dislikes?
Edit:  11/5/09
I'll go ahead and apologize for the crappy pictures now.  I still haven't replaced my good camera that died several months ago.  

I ordered the holster for my wife's LCP from SharkTac on 10/15/09 and received today via USPS.  Included in the package was a hand written note apologizing for the delay.  Apparently their shop (only two people?) came down with the flu and was off work for a week.  Since my wife is still waiting on her CCW permit to come in the wait was not an issue.
The SharkTac holster at first glance appears to be .08" Kydex, but not having access to my micrometer at the moment, I can't confirm this. The holster seems well formed to the pistol, if a little tight.  Several times while holstering the pistol without my thumb over the back of the slide I have noticed the slide retract slightly.  Since the holster is labeled "LCP/P3AT" I'm not sure whether the holster is actually formed to the Ruger LCP or the KelTec P3AT.  If the holster was fitted to the P3AT that would explain the extra tight fit since the width of the P3AT is listed at 0.77" while the LCP is listed at 0.82".   Although I don't expect the Kydex to loosen up much, I'm hoping that the inside of the holster will burnish a bit with multiple draw strokes.  If not, I may take a bit of fine sandpaper to the tightest spots and remove a tiny bit of material.
The belt clip, which gives the holster a very slight FBI cant, is quite rigid.  After snapping over my 1.5" belt there is very little movement when drawing the pistol.  What movement is noticed is more than likely due to the above-mentioned tight fit of the holster.
Overall the holster seems to be a decent fit and conceals nicely on both myself and my wife.
Well, that's about the extent of it for now.  I'll try to update later after I have had a chance to use it a bit more.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for added review...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
a hairdryer will help relieve the excessive pressure on the firearm. insert the unloaded firearm into the holster, and move the hairdryer over the affected area in a slow sweeping pattern....keep it moving to prevent burn of the kydex and when very warm/hot to the touch, draw the pistol from the holster, and then re-holster, repeating a couple times until the holster cools. this should help reduce the drag enough without altering the original pressing of the holster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top