Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:05:41 PM EDT
I never ever EVER buy new guns unless they are really nice or something.....

I just got a ruger today.  It was gorgeous and I was attached to it the second I held it.

brand new pistol, 4 mags, 1K rounds of match ammo, some rimfire targets  = around 320$.  

DANG getting into this whole 22 deal is inexpensive!

If all pistols were this comfortable to carry...... (can't wait to shoot it!)

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
is it a mkii 22/45 or a mkiii?

yeah picking up a new ruger .22lr pistol plus a bunch of ammo is pretty cheap.  and they are a lot of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
looks like a mark III 22/45

Hay chapper, goto www.markii.org for everything you will ever need to know about them.  Also www.rimfirecentral.com.

I have an older 22/45 and it is by far the most used of my handguns.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
she's a mk3 22/45
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
she's a mk3 22/45

on markII.org there was a long thread that might be on interest to you about the loaded chamber indicators on the mark3's.  It appears that a member there did some testing, forwarded it to ruger, and spurred a redesign.  Pretty interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice pistol.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#6]
you lucked out, up here I would have to dump close to $1000 for that pistol with mags and the ammunition you were talking about ( the pistols are around $5-600 up here
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
she's a mk3 22/45

on markII.org there was a long thread that might be on interest to you about the loaded chamber indicators on the mark3's.  It appears that a member there did some testing, forwarded it to ruger, and spurred a redesign.  Pretty interesting stuff.

yeah I saw the notice at the gun shop it was VERY prominently displayed.  I think its cause the new laew would not prevent a lawsuit about this!  Something about the indicator causing a firing of the cartridge.  IT said that this has never happened except in purposeful testing under teh harshest of conditions so I'm not worried.  IT's a free fix according to the letter.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:52:47 AM EDT
[#8]
What if you can dremel that "semi dorsal fin" of a indicator? Either that or take it out and use some filler to fill the void. That way you are not risking it if the gun falls. I think I saw it on rugerforums that Ruger fixed that problem but can't be certain about it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:01:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't mind it.

I am thinking of getting the volqhoweveryouspellit innards kit for 100$.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#10]
21 feet, best group I've ever shot at that range.  MAke fun if you must!

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:08:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I got to tell you CJ, I couldn't resist and bought the same gun at the show this past weekend at a good price. I was thinking of getting a suppressor later down the road so the pc upper will be gone and internals. I just got to get ready for the reassembly part. I got to make some time and take it to the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top