Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 6:19:56 AM EDT
And no 87 dollars, you buzzards!  LOL.

I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk with 7" barrel, target sights, in 44 mag.  Blued, with minor wear on the blueing around the muzzle.  No idea on the round count, but I'd have to say it is pretty low looking at the breech and cylinder and rifling.  I'm thinking about selling it here on the EE, but I really have no idea what she is worth.  I want to get out of her what is fair, but I don't want to overcharge another member or have the ad run for 3 months.

Can someone tell me a fair price for one of these please?  I can snap some pictures if that will help, but I'm just looking at ballpark to see if I should get rid of her.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#1]
In my area that would be worth 3 to 3 1/4, they are very good Revolvers. If you want to sale it quick about 2 1/2 should do the trick.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I would say $250.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
$78.87
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Fair is $275 - 300
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
i bought a used blackhawk 5.5" in 45LC with the 45 acp cylinder in the condition you described at a gunshow from a dealer as used for $329.00.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input folks.  As it turns out, I've had some trouble with my bank account lately (someone hacked it) so I had to put the Ruger up for sale in the EE anyway (I had decided not to sell it) for $275 per the consensus here.  Hoefully someone will pick her up rather quickly.

And again, my appreciation!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:09:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Have to sale it? Because of the bank account issue? If money is gone from your account, I would go into the nicest branch and explain the situation. I would ask that they review the records and place whatever money is missing into your account. If they start giving you problems, ask to speak with a manager. Don't make a scene, but make it clear you don't want to get screwed around.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Have to sale it? Because of the bank account issue? If money is gone from your account, I would go into the nicest branch and explain the situation. I would ask that they review the records and place whatever money is missing into your account. If they start giving you problems, ask to speak with a manager. Don't make a scene, but make it clear you don't want to get screwed around.

The bank is already looking into it, and even they agree it is obvious fraud.  The problem is that it takes about 60 to 90 days for them to verify fraud and decide to put the money back in, and it will not include the fees from everything bouncing.  Until then, I have bills to pay; and the billers don't give a damn about my woes.  

So, selling some stuff is more like a protracted loan.  But the 44 rarely gets shot, and I'm the only one that will shoot it.  So, I figured getting rid of her would be a good idea.  

But I had a friend offer to "buy" it.  In all reality, he's loaning me $250 with it as collateral, which is perfect as I wanted to buy it back and he promised me I could buy it back from him for the same price once my account got unfucked.  So I get my account squared away and I'm out the pistol for but a short time.

But yeah, theives fucking suck.  This really hit us where it hurts.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bank is already looking into it, and even they agree it is obvious fraud.  The problem is that it takes about 60 to 90 days for them to verify fraud and decide to put the money back in, and it will not include the fees from everything bouncing.  Until then, I have bills to pay; and the billers don't give a damn about my woes.  

So, selling some stuff is more like a protracted loan.  But the 44 rarely gets shot, and I'm the only one that will shoot it.  So, I figured getting rid of her would be a good idea.  

But I had a friend offer to "buy" it.  In all reality, he's loaning me $250 with it as collateral, which is perfect as I wanted to buy it back and he promised me I could buy it back from him for the same price once my account got unfucked.  So I get my account squared away and I'm out the pistol for but a short time.

But yeah, theives fucking suck.  This really hit us where it hurts.  

Been there and done that. I hope it gets worked out. I had a check bounce at a gun shop because of that and even though I gave him the money in three days after finding out and have bought probably 10 firearms from him since with no problems he still treats me garbage. So I started to give my money to someone else who treats customers better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top