Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:54:26 PM EDT
Just put a used Ruger SP101 .357 in layaway for $329.00.  Any opinions on this gun or the price I paid?  

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
the SP 101 in .357 was the most comfortable small .357 I have ever shot. first time shooting a friends in put all five in a 1.25 inch group at 25 yrds. that felt great.
for me I don't point shot S&W well at all, but this just lined up.
price is good.
I would use it as my carry gun. deer hunting I would need more barrel but the action is great.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Fair price, EXCELLENT gun.

Invest another $20 in hogue rubber grips.  Put a few cylinders of .357 through it and you'll see why I say that.    The grips on those thing have a screw that likes to dig into your hand.  That's the only fault I have with that weapon.

If you didn't get to try the trigger, you're in for a treat.  Very nice trigger on that little gun.

Can you tell I miss mine?  (traded it in recently)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one with a 2 1/4" barrel and it is a joy to shoot...built like a tank too!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine, have had it since early fall.  

.357 Magnum loads will hurt after a dozen or so.  I purcahsed the Hogue monogrip, but have yet to have a chance to try it since then.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
..........Why would anyone want a ruger .......anyway?.............after having a "taurus" 85 (357)....a sp would be like owning a cadillac.....it`s well made and that`s really a decent price....you`ll enjoy it....i have one in 38+.....great shooter.....the houges will help.....if you want a "experience"...shoot one of those taurus models....it didn`t stay very long..........
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Another note on the trigger: The Ruger wheel guns come apart extremely easily. It doesn't take much mechanical know-how to polish up the internals a bit and replace the springs if you wish. It's cake to make a good trigger better.

$329 is a decent price. Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone ever had the frame polished on one of these guns, and how much it may cost?

The one I'm getting has some holster wear and I wouldn't mine having the frame polished if it doesn't cost too much.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#8]
......get some isso polish and go to work......you`ll enjoy it!...(correction....iosso  "gunbrite"  polish....great stuff)....................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top