Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2021 7:47:31 PM EDT
I inherited a Ruger Mark I from a great uncle and it's pretty old, I think. It's in the 61500 serial number range. It's just a plan model with plastic grips.

I don't know how to grade condition of a firearm, but it seems to be in good mechanical condition, I have shot it and it runs just fine. The bluing is worn in places from a holster and it's got some of that brown rust in grip area. Best I can describe it is there is a guy on youtube that goes by Anvil or something and calls it mung and boils it to "conserve" it. That's the best way I can describe it.

I don't expect it's got any real value, I would like to keep shooting it. I guess on of my concerns is parts availability if something did wear out or break.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I would shoot and enjoy it, those Rugers are built to take a lot of use.

Even if something breaks it is highly likely it could be repaired, it is not like it is an obscure brand/model.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think so. All of my guns get some range time, including the C&Rs. This way I'm not ending up cleaning guns that haven't been shot :-) I also have common spare parts like springs,firing pins, extractors and stuff in my stash.
In particular with the ammo shortage it's a cool thing to have multiple calibers and multiple options to ensure the range days stay interesting.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoot it, there is no collector value except to heirs.  They're great pistols and should be used.
View Quote
This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top