Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2018 9:32:36 PM EDT
LC9s.

500 rounds several ammos.  Perfect function.

Recently, failures to extract.  Failures to eject.  Double feeds with a new round against the fired case.  Stovepipes.

Repeated today with two other experienced shooters.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the extractor is chipped, cracked or extremely dirty. Check the extractor claw. If it looks OK, see if you can disassemble the slide, pull out the extractor claw and see if there is caked carbon, brass shavings or any other assorted "schmutz" behind it that would keep it pushed out a little or maybe not moving at all. If none of that works, call Ruger. I have never had to use their factory service, but I have read that they do a very good job and are quick. Good luck and let us know what it was.

Bub75
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you cleaned or lubed it recently?

Have you dropped it?

Are you using a extended mag/grip?

do you use non-Ruger mags?
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Same problem with mine at 600 rds. Called Ruger for a new recoil spring, problem solved. Stock a few.

Sorry I was having feeding issues, failure to go into battery, didn't comprehend, disregard.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you resolve this??

I just like to keep up with anything on these.

Mine is with me all the time even when i can carry a bigger gun it lives in my pocket.

Lost track of round count but it's probably nearing  1k now with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#6]
What ammo are you using? I had a similar problem with my LCP the extractor 'balled' because I was shooting cheap Russian steel cased ammo.

Called Ruger told them and they sent me a new extractor, since then, no malfunctions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top