Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 7:20:32 AM EDT
I bought this on sale and had major problems.  The gun would double fire, not fire, slide would not go all the way back.  Brought it back to Hoffmans where I purchased and one of the guys to it into the range and it exhibited all the symptoms I described.  They gave me a brand new one on the spot (even let me keep a mag) and the new one has been perfect.  It happens and sometimes you just get a lemon.

The new one is performing nicely and I carry it.

How are you all liking this gun if you own it or have shot it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The trigger would not reset.  Had to send mine back to Ruger.  It was a quick fix.  500rds later I am good to go.  I plan to push about 500 more through it before I will completely trust it for carry.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:17:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I recently bought a SR40 and have not had any problems
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Got a SR40C after SR9 and SR9C, really like the 40 as the recoil in very easy to manage - even fed and fired (accurately at 20 feet) w/ Russian ammo.    I couldn't ask for more in a sub compact pistol.   The only sub compact in 40 I am comfortable with.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad to hear others like theirs as well.  Today was a great day at the range...had it all to myself  

Not a a single problem with it other than a FTF but I attribute that to the really old Sellier and Bellot I decided to bring to cycle it out of the safe.  It fired on the second strike and I would never carry with that ammo.  Have never had any problems with the second one when I feed it decent ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top