Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2011 8:53:02 AM EDT
If you had to pic between the LCR and the LC9 which would you choose and why?
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I chose the LC9...more ammo on board, more controllable and more comfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#2]
LCR
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#3]
hmmm...semi-auto vs. revolver....I'll take the LC9, I love mine, very reliable and concealable.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Both...

At least that's what I did...got the LCR first and could never pocket carry comfortably(printing, etc) But fits great in my motorcycle jacket, and easier to get on trigger with riding gloves.

The LC9 is great for higher capacity and pockets much better.  Faster reloads for me.  Haven't gotten used to those speed strips yet.

Both are super accurate.

I think you need to figure out what you shoot/like best and where and how you expect to carry it...
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Both...

At least that's what I did...got the LCR first and could never pocket carry comfortably(printing, etc) But fits great in my motorcycle jacket, and easier to get on trigger with riding gloves.

The LC9 is great for higher capacity and pockets much better.  Faster reloads for me.  Haven't gotten used to those speed strips yet.

Both are super accurate.

I think you need to figure out what you shoot/like best and where and how you expect to carry it...

I just picked up a LCR, really like the way it feels in my hand. I owed a lcp and didn't care for the .380 round or the way the pistol felt chambering a round. Never had a problem, but it just didn't feel like I could trust it.  I would really like to get my hands on a lc9.  Just wanted to know what you guys thought about it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Both...

Both are super accurate.

I just picked up a LCR, really like the way it feels in my hand. I owed a lcp and didn't care for the .380 round or the way the pistol felt chambering a round. Never had a problem, but it just didn't feel like I could trust it.  I would really like to get my hands on a lc9.  Just wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

Well I broke in the LC9 with about 85 rounds of FMJ 115gr...then moved on to a couple mags of 124gn +p and Ranger 147gn HP...I felt like I could shoot more, but the recoil and sweaty hands were making it uncomfortable.  I do wish the grip wasn't so thin on the front strap area.  I think they could have kept the whole grip the same width.  Then again that was for an extended shooting session.  Other than that I enjoy it.  And it ate anything I fed it.  I can't speak for a comparison as I have never played with the LCP.

On the other hand after 50rds of the LCR, from target to +p loads, I was getting bored.  I would say they are very similar recoil with the LCR having just a bit more.  Both easy to put 50-100 per range visit.

Congrats on the LCR...
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I chose the LC9...more ammo on board, more controllable and more comfortable to shoot.

An enormous +1 on this post.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

An enormous +1 on this post.

Another BIG+1 on this post................
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top