Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2008 9:34:29 AM EDT
Just bought a Kimber TLE/RL II. Thinking about swapping the guide rod to USGI rod. How easy is this and how easy is it to get of the Swartz?
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]
swapping FLGR to GI is easy...drop in

removing Swartz...how involved do you want to go?

I left mine in because Dept. policy requires it...it's never caused me concern either.

cheap and easy...buy series 70 firing pin and remove Swartz lever from sear/disconnector area.  

more dinero and work...remove rear sight to remove entire Swartz assembly and plug holes in slide and frame.  Not sure if it is worth all the hassle?
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I think the GI rod might be a benefit but I guess I won't f-ck w/ the Swartz unless it gives me problems.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I've yet to have any problems out of the schwartz safety in my kimbers. The biggest PITA is  putting the slide back on after fieldstripping.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If you just put in a series 70 FP, wouldn't it always be "rubbing" against the FP safety block?  Wouldn't this inferfere in some way with the firing pin's inertia, dragging like that?  Just curious....
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#5]
15,000+ trouble rounds with my Kimber with the Series 70 firing pin in place. I don't think there is any appreciable drag on the firing pin. I had multiple timing issues and FTF with the original firing pin in place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top