Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 1:27:43 AM EDT
Kimber's premium aluminum triggers are set to 3.5-4 pounds.  What would it take to bring it down to a specific weight?

Are drop-in parts available, or do I have to send it to a gunsmith?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Not to mention that I've yet to see a "tuned Kimber trigger" at 3.5 to 4 lbs.  4.5, sure.  You need to send it to a smith, or you can try a trigger job yourself.  I wouldn't recommend the latter unless you have enough familiarity to detail strip the gun and realize the function of the various parts.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Kimber parts are MIM and reportedly don't hold well to grinding and polishing for trigger jobs.

You need top quality alloy tool steel parts for light trigger jobs just so that you and others around you stay safe.

I'm not saying it can't be done with the stock Kimber parts, but eventually the trigger pull will get heavy again.

Get good quality parts if you do decide to mess with the trigger pull.
Hammer
Sear
Sear spring
disconector
Pins
The stock trigger is OK.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top