Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2005 9:21:34 PM EDT
Does anyone have or know of any videos fo the .50ae being shot? I would like to see how much the gun recoils, and if there are comparisons of the .357, .44. and/or .50ae calibers that would be great.

I thought they were big and stupid, but I held one at a gun store and it fit my hand better than I thought (I'm 5'6 small hands). It would obviously just be a fun/novelty gun, and I was wondering what caliber to get if I got one. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:19:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the magnum research website
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought mine in .44, just because of ammo availability/price.  Recoil is certainly manageable.  If I limp-wrist it, it will reward me will a shell casing to the center of my forehead.  I'm 5'8" with medium hands.  The grip is BIG, but manageable.

It's a great novelty/range gun.  Fun to pop full soda cans with.  Mine is for sale if you are interested.  Mark VII with minor finish wear - $650.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have any pics?

The magnum research video sucks!

What's the differene between a mkXIX and a mkVII?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you have any pics?

The magnum research video sucks!

What's the differene between a mkXIX and a mkVII?

I'm not to up on the big bores, but I believe that the Mk XIX allows one to change barrels and cals while the MkVII does not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm not to up on the big bores, but I believe that the Mk XIX allows one to change barrels and cals while the MkVII does not.

No, they all allow that.  Mk VII and Mk XIX are just like 1st and 3rd generation glock frames, or the original 1911 versus todays incarnations.  Minor differences made to improve everything from manufacturing ease to reliability.  Mk VII slides and barrels are easy to come by on the internet for REALLY cheap if its a private sale, but they won't work with Mk XIX frames.  None of the parts are interchangeable.  The only two differences I can tell you for sure are 1) the Mk VII does NOT have a scope rail, and 2) The Mk VII's have round bores instead of hexagonal/octagonal(but you still can't shoot lead as it can plug the gas tube).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top