Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 2:42:35 PM EDT
I’ve been doing some research as to find a holster for my 45 tactical and have come up short. No manufacture seems to produce a hip holster, does anyone know something I don’t, where to buy one etc…thanks!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
www.comp-tac.com produces several holsters for the USP45f that will also take the Tactical. They make the sight channel higher to admit the boat rudder that is the Tactical front sight.

Call Gregg and ask which ones work. I have the locking paddle and it is magic, although it's not the lowest profile for CCW.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
yep, I have a comp-tac for my Tactical too.  It's the only one I found that works.  This is a BIG goddamned gun!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahhhh that's great! Thanks guys...do you happen to know of any companies who produce a leather or nylon holster?

I wonder why none of the larger manufacturers make a holster for the tactical…is it that not many are sold?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]
GG, just like comp-tac, other holster makers may make their USP45f holsters to fit the Tactical. If you see one you like that is made for the USP45f, a phone call to see if they took the high front sight of the Tac into consideration in the design phase couldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been doing just that but every manufacture claims they don't do holsters for the tactical. I'm starting to look for holsters that fit the USP 45 but are not sewn on the bottom (to accommodate the threaded barrel)...only thing to worry about next, would be the front blade sight of the 45T.

According to Hkpro.com, “Tactical was soon the preferred choice of the very special operations units that were to be issued the SOCOM.” Not knowing what they mean by “very special operations units”…I’m assuming it may be some portion of the military or possibly Homeland Security/CIA/FBI(?) and if so, what kind of holsters do they carry? I can’t imagine they carry klydec holsters with plain clothes all day…or do they?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The SOCOM was bought for and issued to the Navy SEALs, but was so big --fatter and longer than the Tactical-- that it rarely left the armories. Several makers offered tactical holsters for it.

I know Eagle Industries' Mk V SAS thigh holster fits the Tactical, but that doesn't get you anywhere if you want to carry it concealed.

Take a look at the SOE Belt Slide Holster. It looks adjustable, and SOE makes bombproof gear. You can contact them at: [email protected] to ask if it will fit the Tactical.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#7]
If the Mark23 was too large, are you saying they carry the 45 tactical? What kind of holsters do they use (either for M23 or 45T)? I’ve seen some of them with, what looked like ballistic or canvass looking Holsters without leg straps…could I have seen hallucinating?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]
could I have (oops not... seen) but BEEN hallucinating?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If the Mark23 was too large, are you saying they carry the 45 tactical? What kind of holsters do they use (either for M23 or 45T)? I’ve seen some of them with, what looked like ballistic or canvass looking Holsters without leg straps…could I have seen hallucinating?

I'm not a SEAL, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I understand that the SEALs are very happy with the Sig P226. It has an "M" designation, but I don't recall what it is. As far as I know, they don't use the Tactical at all. Whatever very limited use they have for a suppressed pistol would be fulfilled by the Mk23, regardless of its bulk.

I have no idea what holster you might have seen the Mk23 in.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Many custom makers out there can whip you up whatever you need for your H&K. I have a Sam Andrews high ride for my USPf and it works fine. I'm sure several others could do as well with one for the Tactical.

www.andrewsleather.com/
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top