Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2008 5:32:56 PM EDT
First let me start off by saying I love my HK's and own 7 but I have a buddy that called me today and and asked if I wanted to buy his USP9 SD but there is major problem with it.
He bought it new in box but it came in did not come in a case it came packed in a white cardboard box, from what I read these were LE demo guns and a few were sold to the public. He fired exactly 6rds through it and on the 7th got a squib round and fired the 8th round causing the barrel to spit at the threads. Instead of calling HK and lying telling them it split after a normal round he told them what really happened and they told him they would not warranty the barrel. So instead of taking it to a smith and having them cut it at the treads and recrown it as a standard length barrel he used a dremal to cut it in half. I checked it out and all seems fine and used a barrel from one of USP9s and it ran fine.

The deal includes
Cardboard box
5x15rd mags
3x10rd mags
Adj, night sights
Gun
No barrel
$450
I found midway has factory threaded barrels for $250 or I can order an aftermarket barrel for $250but then im into the gun for $700 with a non ser# barrel in the gun. I know when these sold new this package would be around $1K with the mags but I am unsure if its worth me puttin the money into and if I could make my money back if I had to sell it in the future.

Also does anyone know if I sent the damaged barrel back to HK if they would sell me one with a matching ser#?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a new USP 9 SD (isn't even here yet) from policeguns.com (clyde armory) for 899.  Mine has less mags and no night sights but comes with the tactical case.  It could be a good deal for you if you don't mind spending the time and money to get it back to 100%.  If i'd had that offer I probably would have taken it.  Hope this helps
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll buy it and save you the hassle.

B
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top