Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 10:52:24 AM EDT
I was bouncing around ideas for something to tinker with in my collection, and I remembered reading an article about using STI mags in a USP expert with the jet funnel.  I got around to hunting for the parts, and I think I'llb e able to put together an open gun using a jarvis ported barrel extended past the slide of a standard USP, jet funnel, STI hi caps, and an Aimtech scope mount to come up with a competetive open gun.  The holsters and the mag pouches will also cost a pretty penny, but after I priced it all out, I realized that by simply removing the scope and putting the stock barrel back in, I'd have a limited/limited 10 gun with the same gear, and could switch back to production at will.  Has anyone else tried to put together a standard USP race gun?  Comments?  I could use some input here :).  Also, has anyone else tried modifying STI mags to work in a USP?  The article I read was in Front Sight, and it said that the mags would work fine as long as the mag catch was cut, but no instructions as to how to do it were given.  Thanks in advance for any input or comments.

-Mike
DVC
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top