Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/10/2003 9:41:54 AM EDT
am looking to holster a fullsize .40. outside..on a belt. any suggestions? don't have a whole lot of experience with makes, models, or materials or the cant/uncanted idea. i'll likely be using it for a practical pistol leauge. and am also thinking for short day hikes in wooded/forested areas. for that reason, maybe an all weather material?

any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Slide Guard from Highnoon holsters for my USP45c.
I really like it.Slide Guard

Cowhide is $60
Horsehide is $85

When I ordered mine, it only took like two weeks to get. Easy people to deal with.

I use it for daliy carry. And for IDPA.

Also, Fobus are dirt cheap, and very good holsters.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Blade Tech with a Techlok belt fastener.

Blade-Tech
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#3]
One other thing. Make sure you get a good belt!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Go with Fobus. Avoid leather as they take forever to dry out when they get wet.

Fobus makes both paddle & belt models.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#5]
i like the look and old school feel of the leather, but i can see the wet/dry aspect. how are these holsters for retention? i didnt see any type of strapping. could they retain during a tumple or awkward uphill climbing, stretching motions? what abotu a tumble?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Are they as secure as a thumbstrap? Probably not. But the Blade-Tech I mentioned has been through numerous training exercises with me and my pistol has NEVER fallen out. There are screws which can vary the tightness of the holster.

Last week I went through an AR obstacle course with my USP40f in the bladetech holster. THis included low crawl (elbows/prone), stairs, jumps and a firepole. Never came close to losing the pistol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Kramer, they make some the finest holsters in the world. www.kramerleather.com
Get horsehide, it's far superior to cow leather. I would urge you to consider an inside the waistband, kramer's IWB#2 to be precise. IWB's in general are superior in weapons retention. If your set on outside, check out Kramer's belt scabbard. Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a 3-slot pancake for my full-size USP 40. It is very comfortable and has good tight retention. I also like and use the Unle Mike's kydex holsters for my HK, Beretta and Glock. They have a retention screw, and are very solid. Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.concealco.com/
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top