Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 1:17:49 PM EDT
i've got some decisions to make.  i'm pondering the following:

1. trade my USP 45 for a Tactical 45 (due to the adjustable trigger - correct me if i'm wrong)
2. have my smith work over the current USP i own
3. buy a trigger kit for the USP i own and do the work myself (i'm capable of minor smithing and any average replacement parts)
4. buy factory parts for other HK pistols and install them

which way is most cost effective?  my rifle budget is setting ok, but i've not allocated any moneys for this project so i'm tight on this.  if i simply can't do it, i'll wait, but regardless i want to have a plan.  i sticking with the HK instead of going Sig or 1911/2011.  

what can i expect to spend for each route?

has anyone done this and had success/failure?

any comments, concerns, or questions?

any and all help will be appreciated.

thanks,

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you just looking for the match trigger? You should have bought the tactical in the first place (I would have if it was legal here).

With the tactical you get the adjustable sights (made for a can), the match trigger, and a threaded barrel. I would sell your USP and get the Tactical personally.

However, if you just want the match trigger kit they can be had for a little over $100, plus installation. Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I would sell your fullsize, and just buy the tactical. time and money and warranty voiding are just a few of the walls you will run into if trying to smith on your fullsize.

Does your current USP not shoot well?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

it shoots ok, i just am so used to a precision rifle trigger the pull and length are causing me problems.  i seem to be awfully jerky.  i also catch myself demonstrating poor trigger control on my rifles after sending several boxes of .45 down range.

i have a USP 45 in stainless currently.  what will it cost me on the average to trade up?  my gun has almost no wear and no marks, or scratches.  is there a particular place i should look first?  i'd rather trade locally, but if they're hard to find i'll give it a whirl.

any thoughts?

s.tank

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it shoots ok, i just am so used to a precision rifle trigger the pull and length are causing me problems.  i seem to be awfully jerky.  i also catch myself demonstrating poor trigger control on my rifles after sending several boxes of .45 down range.

i have a USP 45 in stainless currently.  what will it cost me on the average to trade up?  my gun has almost no wear and no marks, or scratches.  is there a particular place i should look first?  i'd rather trade locally, but if they're hard to find i'll give it a whirl.

any thoughts?

s.tank

You can put it on consignment at an FFL, and post it online here in the EE and at HKPRO.

They have tacticals for sale currently in the EE in both boards, and you should be good to go.

The adjustable trigger in the TAC is only adjustable for overtravel, the travel/stack/reset is very nice, but no where comparable to a nice 1911 trigger which is what seems you are looking for?

Let us know how it goes..
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:17:56 PM EDT
[#5]
You probably won't be happy with a match drop-in...My Tac 45 Match trigger still has lots of travel (and is a bit gritty for my taste).  I do like the overtravel stop though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
check one out at a shop first.  it is not a short travel trigger.  practice more and youll get used to it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
 i sticking with the HK instead of going Sig or 1911/2011.  

hr

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 2011?h.gif
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 2011?

It's the 1911 from STI/SVI. Just look at stiguns
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Have you tried a Wolf 12lb. spring? I had a guy polish a bit and put that spring in [factory is 14lb] and my gun shoots great!
On a side note,I finally got a 12 rnd .45 mag!I put 100 rounds  through it on sunday just to make sure it worked,F#$k you Bill Clinton!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#10]
couple questions, hope they don't hijack this thread too much...

Is the match trigger compatible with a V9/V10 (single action only) control lever setup?

Who is a good smith to work on USP triggers? Does Bruce Gray still do them?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
couple questions, hope they don't hijack this thread too much...

Is the match trigger compatible with a V9/V10 (single action only) control lever setup?

Who is a good smith to work on USP triggers? Does Bruce Gray still do them?

hijack away...  i'd like the answers to them as well...

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#12]
tag
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top