Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2005 5:37:18 PM EDT
I am curious if anyone knows if H&K plans to offer a full stainless model in the compact of full size usp anytime soon?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#1]
HK has stopped all production of all SS guns, full size and Compacts.  They quit production late last year on the Compact and Full size but the full size has not been imported since 2002.  
Since they just stopped production I doubt they are going to start it back up any time soon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am curious if anyone knows if H&K plans to offer a full stainless model in the compact of full size usp anytime soon?

what do you mean full stainless? The handles are composite. Other than that there are ones with the stainless slides available though
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Check around online.  I just picked up a USP Compact .45 Stainless new in box for a VERY good deal from www.gunbroker.com.  You can find them around, but they tend to charge a premium.  I got VERY lucky.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what do you mean full stainless? The handles are composite. Other than that there are ones with the stainless slides available though

As in a stainless frame as well.  I'm planning on picking up a one of the compact 9s with a stainless slide, but before I did, I wanted to make sure there wasn't any plans of a stainless slide and frame.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:40:01 AM EDT
[#6]
With the exception of the P7, HK pistols are polymer frame... meaning PLASTIC, in fancier terms... Therefore, theoretically... they are stainless, since i've never seen plastic rust.

Signed, the smart ash...

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, better than stainless.  I have seen stainless rust lots of times.  I've never seen rust on plastic, excuse me, polymer.  Just make sure to keep your pistol out of the fireplace and you don't have to worry about it melting either!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top