Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/2/2020 11:08:16 PM EDT
I'm considering a P30SK as my NPE pistol. Most likely going for V3/traditional double action, to match the HK45CT I also have. Probably going for the version without the safety lever for max concealability, as I only carry my 45CT decocked anyway. Thoughts, experiences? Reviews seem pretty positive.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine. Fits my hand great, more accurate than I am, absolutely reliable.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I drank the Glock koolaid for years.  Shot a vp9 better. But it’s very Glockish in the trigger. Wanted a da to carry iwb so I can ride the hammer down as I re holster. Bought a p30sk lem. I am very happy with it. Slide is same size as g26. Grip is slightly longer. Feels so much better in hand.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine.  Shoots like a full size.  DA pull is VERY heavy though.  I'm crap at double action to begin with, but I struggle to keep it on the paper with the P30.   I'd carry a VP9sk instead if they ever release one with a thumb safety.

It's pretty fat.  I don't mind, but be advised.  Factory 15 and 13 round mags available currently. They are modifying the factory P30/VP9 mags to 17 rounds (currently 15), and there's speculation this will trickle down to the compact sizes.  Seems almost certain they'd do it for the 15 round extendeds, but who knows what the timeframe is for that.  They announced optic ready and manual safety versions of the VP9 like 3 years ago, and we've yet to see them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:09:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like mine.  Shoots like a full size.  DA pull is VERY heavy though.  I'm crap at double action to begin with, but I struggle to keep it on the paper with the P30.   I'd carry a VP9sk instead if they ever release one with a thumb safety.

It's pretty fat.  I don't mind, but be advised.  Factory 15 and 13 round mags available currently. They are modifying the factory P30/VP9 mags to 17 rounds (currently 15), and there's speculation this will trickle down to the compact sizes.  Seems almost certain they'd do it for the 15 round extendeds, but who knows what the timeframe is for that.  They announced optic ready and manual safety versions of the VP9 like 3 years ago, and we've yet to see them.
View Quote
HK is kinda notorious for heavy DA triggers - and I'm used to the heavy as hell Walther PP trigger, so it should be fine. Glad it shoots like a fullsize, one of the things keeping me in P30SK and similar sizes as my minimum is that sight radius is huge in making hits at any kind of range. Pistols are hard to use to begin with, the shorter the sight radius, the more difficult it is, and doing difficult things under life-and-death stress is not particularly ideal. Had a notion of going for a j-frame, but sight radius is terrible - with a laser it's not so bad, but when adding a laser I'm at the cost of the P30SK (which has double the ammo, much better sight radius, etc).
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Get the LEM parts... you will not regret it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Get the LEM parts... you will not regret it.
View Quote
I've shot the LEM trigger.  I didn't mind it, but not seeing the need to spend the time and money to switch to it.  My solution is much easier: just shoot in SA.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
After years of buying guns looking for the right one I am finally ready to sell a few of the others because the P30SK does it for me. I fits my hand and points naturally for me making it the most accurate gun I have. This of course may just be the geometry of my head, hand and arm but I love this gun. I have the V3 with no safety and I like the decocker function although the placement of the decocker lever is not as convenient for me as my Sig but I can live with that.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a P30SK with safety that I rotate on carry.  It’s a natural pointing gun for me and I actually shoot it better than my P30L.  It fits my hands perfectly and points naturally.  Recoil is non existent and with a 13 round mag it conceals quite well.  I carry it “cocked and locked” so I don’t have to bother with the DA pull.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an HK45C DA/SA and a P30SK LEM. I went back and forth on V1 vs. V3 on the SK, and still keep an eye out for a V3 deal i can't pass up, but the decocker button is somewhat of a turn off. I'm happy with the SK in general and the LEM, specifically but I'm sure I'd be happy with the DA/SA, too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:44:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been ccw'ing my p30sk LEM for probably 3-4 years now.  Love how it hides anywhere.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top