Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/12/2017 9:43:02 PM EDT
I have the opportunity to purchase a good condition SP 89 with four of the stick magazines. 2800 flat. Is this too good a price to pass up? It's a 1990 preban model. I'm just not sure if the value is there on these anymore with the introduction of the clones and the Sp5k. Any advice?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a good price. They have kept above the sp5k price from what I've seen although I haven't checked in a few months.

As far as it compared to the sp5k some people prefer the sp89 because most were imported before 922r came in. You don't need to add us parts to make them compliant if you sbr it. Might carry a higher value for states as a preban too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty good price depending, of course, on condition.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Not a bad price at $2800. Being in a "preban" state like CT, I paid $4200.00 :( but was in 99% and had the mag release added. Still a lot but...

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
At that price, if you didn't like it, you could easily make money on it. The hk mags alone are around $220.00. I have been looking for years and the best price I can find for a used one is $4,000.00.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As far as it compared to the sp5k some people prefer the sp89 because most were imported before 922r came in. You don't need to add us parts to make them compliant if you sbr it. Might carry a higher value for states as a preban too.
View Quote
I get the preban thing (for those states), but there is no grandfather clause in 922(r). 
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top