Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/15/2002 3:31:38 PM EDT
Which would you prefer, and why?

USP9: Capacity: 15 rounds MAX; Magazine: plastic-- similar to a Glock.

USP45: Capacity: 12 rounds MAX (rare); gun is slightly larger than the USP9; Magazine: metal

For some reason, I prefer the .45-- don't know why. Probably becuase of the magazine construction, and for some reason I think its better balanced (probably depends on the weight of the bullets).
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
My personal preference is the 45. If you were using it solely for taget shooting the 9mm might be cheaper to shoot.

my reasons for liking the 45 are:

1)Bigger projectile, much easier to incapacitate an attacker. There are good loads for the 9mm but why not just start out with a bigger projectile.

2)The 45 is a fairly accurate handgun round. There are others but there isn't much difference as most handguns are used at relatively close range.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Once again, I find myself agreeing with misterhemi. In addition to the points he raised, I like the .45 because it's already subsonic if you decide to get a threaded barrel and a suppressor.

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The USP45 was just too big for me to fire comfortably.  That's why I'm going with the USP9/USP40 frame.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I checked those links out jarhead.  The "o" ringed barrels are for better accuracy right?  Can a person tell a difference between that barrel and a "stock" barrel?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I checked those links out jarhead.  The "o" ringed barrels are for better accuracy right?  Can a person tell a difference between that barrel and a "stock" barrel?

I can tell the difference, for sure. The first five shot group I fired from my USP45 Tactical measured 13/16ths of an inch. It reliably and repeatedly shoots like that when I practice the fundamentals.

I'm assuming you know all about repeatability of lock up in a handfitted barrel, and how the O-ring approximates that without hours of custom work, so I'm not going into that here.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#6]
My house to house combo.

My SHTF Urban Combat combo.

I love the USP 40, currently searching for another. But when things get really tense, the USP 45 is what I'll be carrying. 10 round mags and all.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info...
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top