Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/5/2005 10:51:18 PM EDT
The Dept. gave us the go ahead to upgrade our current carry (sig 228/226 9) to, "carry what you want."  Well, sort of at least, it has to be glock, sig, s&w, HK, or other quality brand,  but cannot be of 1911 style.  I already own two .40 glocks for off duty, so I'm leaning this route.

I also own a usp45, that I bought in 97 and to tell you the truth, I haven't shot it much.  anyone else carry one of these on duty?  I never thought about it, but this is a pretty large gun.  So I guess, on a duty rig it would be ok.  The only thing is it is not lasermax compliant.  I don't really care about using a red-dot, but the Dept. is talking about going that route.  

Just wanted to know how they hold up?  I'h hoping they are more wear/weather resistant than sig.  Also, is there a benefit in going new all togther....P2000?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Use what you've trained with.  If you haven't shot the HK much, you're probably better off with the glock 40's
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They hold up just fine. My old agency has some 400+ in service now and is still adding guns...they have experienced pretty much zero problems except for the fact that the few Compacts they allowed  are less reliable than the full sized guns...which is usually a given with any design.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't go wrong with either one.  I'd pick whichever one I shot better and/or was more comfortable carrying.  Since you've carried the Glocks off duty, that would probably be a good route for your duty gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#4]
if switching to a hk, train heavily!!!.  dont want a safety to compromise a life.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top