Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2011 4:12:22 PM EDT
I finally got around to posting a picture of my USPc .45 to compare short and long TiRants. I looked around for a picture like this for a while and never found one so hopefully this can help someone else out with their decision.  The short handled great and in my opinion looks a lot better, but unfortunately I don't have any experience with shooting either yet so I can't comment on performance.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/freeborn60/USP%20Pictures/USPC45.jpg
Link Posted: 12/1/2011 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
THANK YOU!

I have been looking for a shot like this.  With suppressors being legal in MI now I am looking at ordering the short model Ti-Rant 9.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
THANK YOU!

I have been looking for a shot like this.  With suppressors being legal in MI now I am looking at ordering the short model Ti-Rant 9.  Thanks again.

No problem, I know how you feel...all I ever found was one picture of a compact tactical with the long TiRant 45 at an awkward angle so it was hard to tell exactly what it would look like.  Also, I believe the short TiRant 9 is around 5" in length whereas the short TiRant 45 (pictured above) is almost 6.5", so keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
THANK YOU!

No problem, I know how you feel...all I ever found was one picture of a compact tactical with the long TiRant 45 at an awkward angle so it was hard to tell exactly what it would look like.  Also, I believe the short TiRant 9 is around 5" in length whereas the short TiRant 45 (pictured above) is almost 6.5", so keep that in mind.

I know what you mean.  I looked and looked just to say WTF?  How can you not have 1 decent picture of the two cans together?!?!

Thanks for the heads up.  More I think about it I might get both.  Originally I was going to get a few different caliber cans, now I am thinking just 9 and .223 for me.  So I think I might get both the long and short models.  You only live once.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you fired these yet? Please update us.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Great picture, I really like how the short one looks on the compact.

Make sure to update with the difference in feel and decibel difference.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you fired these yet? Please update us.
Thanks!

Yeah. What's the Long and Short of this? (Pun intended)
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to disappoint everyone but I probably won't be able to give a sound comparison...yet.  The long TiRant just happened to be at the dealer and the short is still waiting on the transfer.  As I mentioned before, the short felt like it handled better but that is really all I can say right now.  Hopefully I'll get to shoot both side by side at some point in the future.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top