Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 1/25/2006 3:13:06 PM EDT
OK I have a 1908 Hammerless 380 that was stolen years ago, anyway got lucky and got the pistol back after about 6 months.  The problem is that the theives had trouble with it so they tried to fix it themselves.  When i got the pistol back it was in pieces, and I have finally gotten around to seeing what can be done to get it back in working order.  Onlyl missing a pin and a screw from what I can tell.  Im looking for someone who can fix it and maybe refinish it also.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if these people work on old autos, but they are experts on Colt revolvers:

Pittsburgh Handgun Headquarters
1330 Center Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15229
(412) 766-6100

Cylinder & Slide is famous for their custom work.  They're a true custom shop, they're booked up for months, and they're EXPENSIVE.  BUT, they're also one of the best in the world.

Cylinder & Slide, Inc.
245 E. 4th Street
Fremont, NE 68026
(402) 721-4277

Doug Turnbull specializes in firearms restoration.  They can refinish your old Colt in the ORIGINAL Carbona bluing that Colt used back before WWII.
I assume they do repairs, but you'd have to talk to them to be sure.
Also expensive, but possibly the best in the world.

turnbullrestoration.com/
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried the Colt Custom Shop? I would try damn hard to use them first, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
You can ask, but Colt has pretty well stopped working on many older Colt's due to the lack of spare parts.
They refuse to tackle anything they may get into and then not have the parts.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Scott MacDougal & Assoc. used to be a first class Colt .380 shop. One of the owners got cancer & died, the shop shut down for a while but started up again, I think?

Try www.colt380.com & see if it's still up?

Good luck!!!!!
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top