Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 1/16/2022 11:07:56 PM EDT
Hi arfcom

I’m looking for a price check on some older revolvers. I’ve always liked them but I have the opportunity to buy them off a family member who is divesting from his collection and I seem to have first dibs. I’m usually a plastic fantastic fan but these are some hold onto and pass down to family appearing revolvers.
There are some smiths I posted over in that forum, but I wanted to drop the Colt here.

38 spl colt is all I know about it. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Not old really. “Old” starts prior to 1960.

The shrouded ejector detective specials started in the 70’s.
Nickel probably not stainless.
Figure $500-600 at the friends and family price, would be $700-800 in a shop probably
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:08:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
I bought a used one for $90. in 79 and sold it for the same.  Its easily worth $500 to $600   Nice because they are a 6 shot where S&W is 5 shot  That model 67 S&W in the background is a great target pistol worth the same possibly 50 more.  Sometimes  you can do a package deal say both for $950.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Price will vary depending on what area of the country you're in. Short bbl wheel guns are bringing a premium currently. May try posting on Colt Forum.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top